I-Tip Hair Extension Installation
Installation of hair extensions involves preparing the hair, applying the extensions and styling.
To properly prepare the hair for the application of hair extensions, it is suggested that the following steps be followed:
Step # 1 – Brush the Hair
Brushing the hair will help loosen any build-up of products on the hair.
Step # 2 – Shampoo the hair
Shampoo the hair using a clarifying shampoo to assure proper cleansing. It is important to shampoo the hair two times.
Step # 3 – Rinse the hair
It is very important to rinse the hair extremely well. Any residue of shampoo will cause the bonds to break down or slip from the hair.Do not use Conditioner at the root area
Step # 4 – Dry the hair
The hair must be 110% dry before hair extensions can be applied. Any moisture left in the hair will cause the bonds to break down or slip from the hair. If necessary, please straighten the hair if the hair is wavy or curly.
Step # 5 checks the condition of the hair and scalp
Thoroughly examine the client’s hair and scalp after the hair is completely dry. Assure that the client’s natural hair is at least 2’’ long. Next, check the scalp and look for irritations or allergies. Let clients know their conditions prior to applying extensions.
Step # 6 – Apply hair extensions
1. Thread hair extension beads onto Loop Tool.
2. Start from the nape area, leave a 1 inch above the hair line for the first roll,
3. Pick the same amount of hair as the strand of hair extension using the U-shape sectioning.
4. Take the section of hair and pull it through the loop of the Loop Tool.
5. Slide one hair extension bead from the Loop Tool toward the hair. Thread the bead into the hair and pull the Loop Tool.
6. Place the extension strand into the bead. Keep the hair flowing straight down, so the hair lays naturally.
7. Clamp the bead with GBB Professional Plier to make it really tight, and also make sure the extensions is naturally falling the hair lines.
8. Follows steps 3 to 7. Work up the scalp in horizontal rows, leave 2 fingers space in between rolls. Work up until you reach the horseshoe section of the head.
9. For the sides of the head, follow the same procedure as described above for threading the beads onto hair strands and clamping the beads down. Remember to leave a perimeter of hair free near the hairline to hide the hair extensions.
Step # 7 – Style the hair
After hair extensions are fully applied, style the hair according to the client’s preferences. This is a time to be very creative, as the client will literally have a whole new look. The finished ‘product’ needs to re-confirm the client that their decision to select hair extensions was a good one.
Step # 8 – follow up appointment
Always schedule a follow-up appointment in two weeks. This will allow you to examine the bonds and how the client is maintaining their extensions. It will also allow you to make adjustments and ‘fine tune’ the application and style.
How to remove I-Tip Hair Extensions
1. Start at the nape area - the bottom row of extensions.
2. Remove each bead by unclamping it using GBB professional Plier
3. Slide the bead and the hair extension out